Monday, December 1, 2008

This is one of the first projects I did with one of my lower functioning classes. I almost always work abstract. This I find prevents the aids from taking too much control to make it "look like something." This class of students is all in wheel chairs so I set their paper on the floor. For this painting I thinned down tempera paint so it was a bit thicker than water. They then used large baby medicine droppers (that I got from a friend who works at the Pharmacy) To suck up paint and then drop it on to the piece of paper. The paint spread out in big round dots when it hit the paper. Many students where able to squeeze the dropper with little assistance, and most students needed help moving their arm so they could get paint all over the paper.

No comments: